(All accomplishments have been completed with the violoncello)
- Freshman and Senior Year - Accepted to OSAI Quartz Mountain Institute, and was the 1st chair of the Chamber Orchestra
- Voted Most Talented at the Oklahoma Homeschool Convention 2014
- Mark Wood (co-founder of the TranSiberian Orchestra)in 2013 flew me to Salt Lake City to perform with him, Jackie Evancho, Pauli Carmen, and 9 other electric string musicians from around the U.S. for the MuzArt World Foundation "We Are Hope" concert at the LDS Center. 2014 & '15 I assisted Mark at 3 EYS (Electrify Your Strings) Intensives by leading and inspiring the cello sections and taking charge when necessary.
- NBA OKC Thunder - I have solo performed the National Anthem 5x including Play-Offs w/ Spurs
- El Sistema orchestra - volunteer weekly since it's inception of 2013 www.elsistemaok.org . My role at El sestema is to lead the cello class and teach something that is beyond the usual classic traing, showing them that they are already capable of doing more with the cello than they knew they could, and not only teaching them just how to play the cello, but how to love music.
- I have solo performed for the OKC Philharmonic's Maestros Ball - 2015
- I have solo performed for the State of Creativity with Sir Ken Robinson at the Civic Center Music Hall in 2015 for the Oklahoma Orchestra League: I have solo performed for all their luncheons & annual meetings for 3 consecutive years, and for their Symphony Showhouses for 7 years
- I am an Artist for the OKC Arts Council - I solo perform monthly for their Art Moves program for the past 3 years
- I have participated as the cellist in a quartet who performed with ActeII in 2014 - I solo performed during the S.A.L.L.T. Graduation at Devon's VAST in 2016
- I solo performed as the bumper music in between nominees for the Association of Women in Communication Award Ceremony 2016
- I solo performed for the annual Oklahoma Hall of Fame Awards - 2016
- I solo performed as the bumper music in between nominees for the Oklahoma City Beautiful Awards in 2016
- I solo performed as the bumper music in between nominees for the Oklahoma City Public School Athletic Award Ceremony - 2016
- I performed as the cellist in a quartet for the Ben Carson fundraiser that was in OKC at OCHEC in 2015 -
- I performed as the cellist in a quartet for the St. Gregory's University fundraiser - 2015
- I solo performed for Children's Miracle Network fundraiser twice in 2016
- I solo performed for The C.A.R.E. Center fundraisers for abused children for the past 3 consecutive years
- I solo performed for KingsGate Christian school fundraisers for the past 4 consecutive years - I solo performed for Key Stone Adventure Farm fundraisers for the past 4 consecutive years - I am an Artist for Allied Arts and solo perform for venues that they set me up in
"My family has been in entrenched in the world of music for 4 generations. My great grandparents opened Inter-City Violin Studio in 1956. Herbert Bagwell is my great grandfather and he was head of the string department at OCU for 52 years. My great grandmother, Peggy Bagwell, was an amazing pianist and played for silent movies in theaters when she was just 13. She taught my Nana to play and my Nana taught my mom. My mom loves the sound of the cello so that's the instrument she chose for me to play. I've been very blessed to have had 2 wonderful instructors. Edward Tillery was my first instructor and now I take from Tomasz Zieba."
Sam gives all the glory to God for the gift of music and a supportive family. He credits his cello teachers: Edward Tillary and Tomasz Zieba; his mother for "literally everything, period."; his grandmother for constantly providing;
and every single person that ever applauded, tipped, or
encouraged in any way to"stick with it, kid."