Samuel D. Kahre, 24, is an Oklahoma City born and raised professional cellist, making his living performing locally and abroad for the past decade. He is the great-grandson of Herbert Bagwell, former strings professor of Oklahoma City University and founder of Intercity Violin Studios.
Although classically trained, Mr. Kahre has independently developed different techniques to his craft, resulting in multiple performance settings typically foreign to a cellist. Sam’s goal with his art is to continue developing a diverse and unique expression of music that glorifies the One who gave him the gift to move people with sound. You will find him frequenting the local arts festivals and many other venues in the OKC/Edmond area preforming his live music.
Sam believes in giving back what has been given to him. His hope is to inspire other cellists, musicians, and creatives, to find and express a unique voice with their instrument, to move the hearts of people to do the same.
- 17+ years experience
- Has provided music for 150+ weddings
- Has performed for two governor's inaugurations
- Has performed for the OKC Philharmonic's Maestros Ball
- Was awarded winner of the Cellovoce Cello competition in Poland in 2017
- Has performed the National Anthem for 10 NBA games including Play-Offs
- Has performed for the State of Creativity with Sir Ken Robinson at the Civic Center Music Hall in 2015 for the Oklahoma Orchestra League
- Personally selected by Mark Wood, the co-founder of the Trans-Siberian, to preform for the Muzart World Foundation concert and has continued to preform alongside Mr. Wood several times since
- Was hired to perform back of house for Justin Timberlake, Mumford and Sons, Post Malone, Chris Stapleton, Hillsong United, Ariana Grande, P!NK, KISS, 21 Pilots, Carrie Underwood, and several others
Sam gives all the glory to God for the gift of music and a supportive family. He credits his cello teachers: Edward Tillary and Tomasz Zieba; his parents and grandmother;
and every single person that ever applauded, tipped, or
encouraged him in any way.